Attorney John S. Williams
A personal injury lawyer who will stand by you
Attorney John S. Williams founded The Law Offices of John S. Williams, LLC to fight for people who have been injured in accidents caused by negligence and help them get justice.
As a self-described science nerd at Xavier University of Louisiana, John S. Williams never had any intention of becoming an attorney. He was a biology major and planned to work toward a PhD, possibly in immunology. But a part-time job launched him on a new career path.
While he was pursuing a master’s degree in biology at Alabama State University, he took a job in the Alabama governor’s office, where he worked closely with attorneys on policy. He found the work very interesting and saw firsthand how it could be used to help people. So, after earning his master’s degree, he decided to go to law school at the University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
After earning his law degree, John worked for an Arkansas Supreme Court justice before taking a job in the Arkansas attorney general’s office in the consumer protection division, where he fought for people who were victims of fraud, deception and other unfair business practices.
A few years later, he accepted an opportunity to become the legal director of the Mississippi office of the American Civil Liberties Union. During his time at the ACLU, John worked on civil rights and social justice cases involving free speech, the freedom to protest, conditions of confinement for prisoners and other major issues.
John moved back to New Orleans in 2008 to take a job with the Juvenile Justice Project of Louisiana, fighting for the rights of children in the juvenile justice system. In 2012, he decided to start his own law firm and now fights to get justice for people who have been hurt through no fault of their own.
An active member of the community, John has served on the board of several local organizations and schools, as well as the board of the National Juvenile Justice Network.
If you’ve been injured in an accident, attorney John S. Williams is ready to stand by you and fight for your rights. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation.
- Xavier University of Louisiana B.S., Biology
- University of Arkansas at Little Rock William H. Bowen School of Law, J.D.
- Alabama State University, M.S., Biology
- Arkansas Attorney General’s Office, 2004-2006
- Legal Director, American Civil Liberties Union of Mississippi, 2006 to 2008
- Staff Attorney, Juvenile Justice Project of Louisiana, 2008 to 2012
- The Law Offices of John S. Williams, 2012 to present
Professional Associations and Memberships
- National Juvenile Justice Network
- State of Louisiana
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Louisiana
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Mississippi
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Mississippi
- United States District Court
- State of Arkansas
- State of Mississippi
“Impact of International Human Rights Law on Internally Displaced Gulf Coast Citizens” (co-author), Mississippi Law Journal, Spring 2008
- Car Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Motorcycle Accident
- Personal Injury
- Premises Liability
- Negligent Security
- Slip & Fall Accidents
- Wrongful Death
- Civil Rights