New Orleans Rear-End Accident Attorney
John S. Williams can fight for compensation for your whiplash injury
Rear-end accidents are one of the most common types of car accidents. They’re also one of the most misunderstood car accidents. Because rear-end crashes happen so often, some people think they’re not that serious. They think that people involved in these accidents don’t get hurt and don’t need any help afterwards.
We know the truth. New Orleans accident attorney John S. Williams knows that many people involved in rear-end accidents sustain very serious injuries. The pain and suffering associated with these injuries can last weeks or months or sometimes even years. During that time, you might not be able to work. Bills can add up fast. That’s why our legal team at The Law Offices of John S. Williams takes these crashes so seriously.
You’ll notice the difference the first time you meet with attorney Williams. He never takes anything for granted. He takes the time to get to know each client and to find the facts that truly matter. Compassionate and dedicated, attorney Williams can fight for the justice you deserve and the compensation you need, whether it’s negotiating a settlement with the at-fault driver’s insurance company or battling for you in court. You can count on John S. Williams when it matters most.
What are common causes of rear-end accidents?
Rear-end collisions involve one vehicle crashing into the back of the vehicle in front. In many cases, rear-end accidents happen due to one of the following reasons:
- Distracted driving, which has increasingly become one of the most common causes of car accidents
- Texting while driving, even though this form of distracted driving is against the law in Louisiana
- Speeding, especially when accidents happen at intersections and drivers don’t slow down in time
- Drinking and driving, which can slow down a driver’s response time, resulting in a rear-end crash
- Falling asleep at the wheel, which is especially common in rear-end accidents that happen at night
Whatever the cause of your rear-end accident, make sure you have an attorney investigate your crash as soon as possible. Your rights and your right to obtain compensation for your crash could be on the line if you wait too long to call an accident attorney.
What are common rear-end accident injuries?
Rear-end accident injuries often occur in the car in front due to the violent forward and backward motion of these crashes. As a result, common rear-end accident injuries often include:
- Neck injuries, especially whiplash
- Head injuries, including concussions and other traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Back injuries, including spinal cord injuries
- Hip injuries
- Facial injuries, especially if the driver or passenger in the front seat hits the dashboard or windshield in the crash
Whatever type of injury you sustained in your accident, make sure you get the medical care you need right away. Then make sure you talk to an attorney as soon as possible.
Why should I hire a lawyer after my rear-end accident?
There are many reasons why you should hire an attorney if you have been involved in a rear-end crash caused by another driver. Some of the reasons why include:
- Your lawyer can independently investigate your crash to make sure the facts are right.
- Your lawyer can deal directly with insurance companies while you focus on your recovery.
- Your lawyer can negotiate with the at-fault driver’s insurance company.
- Your lawyer can take legal action on your behalf, including filing a rear-end accident lawsuit, if necessary.
- Your lawyer can represent you in all court proceedings related to your case.
Often, you only have one opportunity to obtain the financial compensation you need for all your accident-related expenses, now and in the future. Make sure you make your case as strong as possible. Hire an experienced accident attorney you can trust to put your best interests first.
Get the New Orleans law firm that fights for justice for you. Contact us.
Louisiana has one of the shortest time periods in the country to take legal action after a car accident. You only have one year from the date of your crash to file a lawsuit or take other legal action against whoever was responsible for your crash.
The time to act is now. Contact our law firm and schedule your free case evaluation with New Orleans accident attorney John S. Williams. He knows what to do and he has the skills and the drive to get the job done right. Schedule an appointment at our law firm.