Medical Care After A Car Accident
Our law firm can fight for the compensation you deserve for your medical expenses
Car accident injuries often require extensive medical care. In certain extreme cases, you or a loved one may even need to undergo surgery after a car accident. Whatever type of medical care you need, it’s important that you understand your rights. Otherwise, you could end up having to pay your medical bills out of your own pocket.
Did another driver cause your crash? Do you need several weeks or months to recover from your accident? Are you unable to work due to the injuries you sustained in your crash? Don’t give up. You’re not alone. New Orleans car accident lawyer John S. Williams can help.
Our legal team at The Law Offices of John S. Williams can help you every step of the way. Attorney Williams has more than 15 years of legal experience. He knows what strategies often work. He understands Louisiana’s legal system. More importantly, he has the dedication and determination you need to build the strongest possible legal case.
What are common car accident medical procedures?
Different car accident injuries require a wide range of medical procedures. Some of the most common procedures may include:
- Diagnostic medical testing to determine exactly what type of injury you sustained in your car accident. This could include:
- MRI scans
- Prescribing medications for severe pain caused by your injury
- Referring you to a specialist for additional medical tests
- Setting a broken bone (often an arm or leg) in a cast
- Physical therapy
- Chiropractic treatment
- Follow-up doctor’s appointments
Make sure you get the medical attention you need after your accident. The sooner you have a doctor examine you, the sooner you can start receiving the medical care deserve for your injury.
Who pays for my medical care after my car crash?
In most cases, the insurance company for the at-fault driver is responsible for compensating you for all your medical expenses. In addition, the at-fault driver’s insurance company should pay for any additional accident-related expenses. This can include:
- Future medical care
- Car repair or replacement costs
- Replacement income during your recovery period
- Lost future income, if you cannot return to work
- Pain and suffering, in certain circumstances
All these expanses can quickly add up to thousands or millions of dollars. Insurance companies know this. That’s why they often make lowball settlement offers soon after an accident – or do everything they can to deny your claim. That’s not right. That’s why you need an attorney on your side, fighting for you.
Why should I hire a lawyer after my car accident?
When you have an experienced car accident lawyer working for you after your crash, you can take back control and have a voice in what happens next. Your attorney can:
- Conduct an in-depth investigation to make sure the facts of your case are correct.
- Deal directly with the at-fault driver’s insurance company on your behalf.
- Negotiate a settlement offer that covers the true cost of your accident.
- File a car accident lawsuit, if necessary, on your behalf.
- Represent you in all court proceedings, if your case comes to trial.
Focus on what matters most after your car accident – your recovery. Let your lawyer take care of all the paperwork and red tape often associated with car accident claims.
Get a New Orleans accident attorney who will fight for your rights
The clock is running after your car accident. In Louisiana, you only have one year from the date of your accident to file a lawsuit or take other legal action. If you miss that deadline, you could miss out on your only opportunity to obtain the compensation you deserve for your medical care.
Put your trust in a law firm that puts your needs first. Contact us and schedule your free case evaluation. Car accident lawyer John S. Williams can explain your legal options and get straight to work on your case. You can count on our law firm in a crisis.