New Orleans Taxi Accident Attorney
John S. Williams can demand the compensation you deserve
Taxis remain a popular way for people to get around New Orleans and other parts of Louisiana. Unfortunately, car accidents caused by taxi drivers sometimes occur. When they do, passengers or people in other vehicles can sustain serious injuries that can change their life in an instant.
Have you been injured in a New Orleans taxi accident? Do you need extensive medical care? Are you unable to work for weeks or perhaps even months? Are medical expenses and other bills adding up fast? Get the help you need from a New Orleans accident lawyer you can trust. Contact John S. Williams. He can help.
Attorney Williams has more than 15 years of legal experience. He knows how to handle many different types of car accidents. When you have him and his legal team at The Law Offices of John S. Williams, you can take a stand and demand the compensation you deserve. Remember, you didn’t do anything wrong. You shouldn’t have to pay for someone else’s mistakes.
What are common causes of taxi accidents?
Accidents caused by taxi drivers happen for many different reasons. Some of the most common causes include:
- Distracted driving – Taxi drivers may be talking to dispatchers, looking up directions or doing other things while driving instead of focusing on the road. The result? Accidents can happen in an instant.
- Texting while driving – Even though texting while driving is against the law in Louisiana, some drivers still read, write or send text messages behind the wheel, including taxi drivers.
- Speeding – Taxi drivers get paid based on the number of customers they transport during their shift. In an effort to make more money, some taxi drivers drive too fast, causing serious collisions in the process.
- Falling asleep at the wheel – This is an especially common cause of taxi accidents late at night in New Orleans, when drivers may be exhausted due to already working a long shift.
Is this what happened to you? Or did the taxi driver who caused your crash do something else? Whatever the cause of your crash, an experienced accident attorney can thoroughly investigate your crash and find out exactly what happened.
Who will pay for my taxi accident?
If a taxi driver caused your accident, there are several people and companies that could be held responsible for paying for your accident-related expenses. These include:
- The taxi driver
- The taxi company the driver works for
- The taxi company’s insurance company
In most cases, the insurance provider for the taxi driver will be the company responsible for paying for your accident-related expenses. However, you may be able to obtain compensation from the taxi company itself if you can prove that company was partly at fault. Reasons why include the taxi company hiring a driver with a history of causing crashes, previous drunk driving arrests or other traffic violations.
Why should I hire a lawyer for my New Orleans taxi accident?
Don’t simply assume you will be fairly compensated for your accident-related expenses. In most cases, you will need to take strong legal action to demand the money you deserve. That’s why you need a lawyer on your side, working for you. Your attorney can help you in many different ways after your accident, including:
- Conducting an independent investigation of your crash to make sure the facts are correct
- Dealing directly with insurance companies on your behalf while you recover
- Negotiating a settlement offer that covers all your accident expenses, now and in the future
- Filing a car accident lawsuit on your behalf, if necessary
- Representing you in court, if your case goes to trial
The stakes are high after your accident. Insurance companies know this. Depending on the severity of your injuries and the length of your recovery, your accident-related expenses can quickly add up to thousands or millions of dollars. Having an experienced lawyer on your side can help level the playing field. Your attorney can give you a voice at the table when officials decide how much your case is truly worth.
Put your trust in a law firm that puts your needs first. Contact us today.
The time to act is now. In Louisiana, you only have one year from the date of your accident to file a lawsuit or take other legal action. If you miss that deadline, you could miss out on your opportunity for justice.
Demand the money you deserve. Contact us and schedule your free case evaluation today. New Orleans accident attorney John S. Williams understands the urgency of your case. That’s why he wants to help you with your taxi accident claim. Schedule an appointment at our law firm. We’re conveniently located on Canal Street near the French Quarter in the heart of New Orleans.