Personal Injury Lawyer New Orleans, Louisiana
(504) 486-0300
(504) 486-0300

New Orleans Lawyer for Accidents with Uninsured Drivers

Get the compensation you deserve with attorney John Williams

No matter what the circumstances are surrounding your car accident, dealing with the aftermath often proves to be difficult. While all traffic collisions present their own unique challenges, things can get especially complicated if your crash was caused by a driver without insurance or if you were involved in a hit-and-run accident.

Knowing what your rights are after a car accident is critical if you want to get the compensation you’re entitled to. When someone without insurance hits you, you may think you’re going to get stuck paying out of pocket for all your accident-related expenses, but that might not necessarily be the case. If you have uninsured motorist coverage or underinsured motorist coverage on your car insurance policy, you may be able to file a claim with your own insurance company. You may have other legal options too.

If you were injured in an accident caused by a driver without insurance, call The Law Offices of John S. Williams, LLC right away. For no cost, accident attorney John Williams can review the details of your case during a free consultation and let you know if he can help.

Louisiana car insurance requirements

Like almost every state, Louisiana requires drivers purchase car insurance with minimum amounts of liability coverage. These minimum amounts of coverage include:

  • $15,000 for the injury or death of one person in any one accident
  • $30,000 for the injury or death of two or more persons in any one accident
  • $25,000 for damage to or destruction of property of others in any one accident

If you are involved in a car accident that is your fault, this liability insurance can cover the accident-related expenses that you are legally responsible for paying, up to policy limits. While the above numbers may seem like large amounts of money, a car accident that results in injury can easily exceed these policy limits and leave you left to pay the balance.

What do you do if you get hit by someone with no insurance?

If you get into an accident with an uninsured driver or a driver without enough insurance, be sure to review your car insurance policy. You may have uninsured motorist coverage or underinsured motorist coverage that will help you pay for your accident-related expenses in the event you get hit by a driver without insurance.

Uninsured/Underinsured motorist coverage can:

  • Pay you benefits if the driver who hit you has no insurance or too little insurance to cover the full cost of your injuries or property damage
  • Cover the cost of injuries sustained by you or any other occupants of your vehicle involved in the crash
  • Provide coverage for hit-and run accidents, in certain cases

It’s important to note that uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage will only pay the economic damages related to your crash. In other words, only expenses that represent an actual financial loss will be covered. Non-economic damages, such as pain and suffering, are not included under this type of coverage.

Let a New Orleans accident lawyer fight for you

Getting into an accident caused by a driver without insurance can quickly turn into a nightmare if you don’t understand your rights, which is why you should consult with an experienced personal injury attorney as soon as possible.

Attorney John S. Williams has the knowledge and experience to handle every aspect of your claim and will leave no stone unturned to get you the compensation you deserve. Known for treating his clients like family, John always fights for what’s right, what’s fair and what’s just.

The Law Offices of John S. Williams serves clients in New Orleans and offers legal representation on a contingency fee basis. In other words, you don’t owe us anything unless we make a financial recovery in your case. See how our law firm can help you. Contact us today.

Office Location

The Law Offices of John S. Williams, LLC

1500 Baronne St
Suite B
New Orleans, LA 70113

Free Case
Consultation Click Here