New Orleans Head-On Collision Lawyer
Car accident attorney John S. Williams can find the facts to prove who was at fault
Head-on collisions are among the most serious types of car accidents we deal with at our law firm. In an instant, you or a loved one can sustain a serious injury due to another driver crashing head-on into your vehicle. Suddenly, you might have whiplash, a concussion, or another type of serious injury. You might not be able to work for weeks or months or perhaps even longer. In some cases, your family might even be dealing with the death of a loved one due to a head-on collision.
What should you do? What are your options? How will you pay all the bills often associated with such serious accidents? Get the answers you need from a car accident lawyer you can trust. Contact New Orleans attorney John S. Williams. He can help you and your family every step of the way.
Experience matters when it comes to choosing a lawyer for a head-on collision. That’s why many people in New Orleans choose The Law Offices of John S. Williams. Attorney Williams has more than 15 years of legal experience. He understands how the legal system works in Louisiana. He knows what strategies work. Most importantly, he’s prepared to work tirelessly for the compensation you need and deserve.
What are common causes of head-on collisions?
Head-on crashes happen for many different reasons. Often, it’s because the at-fault driver was doing something reckless or negligent. More specifically, some of the most common causes of head-on collisions include:
- Distracted driving, including texting while driving
- Falling asleep at the wheel, especially on city streets or rural roads, where there’s no divider between on-coming traffic
- Drinking and driving
- Speeding or other forms of reckless driving
Whatever the cause of your head-on collision, an experienced accident attorney can thoroughly investigate your crash and find the facts you need to hold the at-fault driver accountable for their actions.
What can I be compensated for in a head-on collision?
When people think about compensation for car accidents, many only think about the expenses immediately after an accident. The reality is you can and should be paid for any accident-related expense, even if it’s something years from now in the future, including:
- All your accident-related medical bills, including:
- Emergency medical care
- Surgical procedures
- Physical therapy
- Follow-up doctor’s appointments
- Future surgical procedures, if necessary
- Car repair or replacement costs
- Replacement income during your recovery
- Lost future income, if you cannot return to work or if a loved one died in the crash
- Pain and suffering, in certain circumstances
- Funeral expenses, if necessary
Whether you suffered a brain injury or whiplash from a head-on collision, you deserve financial compensation. We can help.
The stakes are high in many head-on collision cases. Depending on what happened, your claim could be worth thousands or millions of dollars. Insurance companies know this. That’s why they often want to settle cases right after an accident – before the true cost of your crash is fully known. That’s why it’s critical that you have a lawyer on your side, standing up for your rights.
How can an accident attorney help with my head-on collision?
There are many different ways a lawyer can help you or your family after a head-on collision. Some of the services an attorney can provide include:
- Investigate your accident thoroughly and search for evidence to build the strongest case
- Verify that the official police accident report reflects exactly what happened
- Consult with accident reconstruction experts, if necessary
- Deal directly with insurance companies on your behalf
- Negotiate a fair settlement offer with the at-fault driver’s insurance company
- If the other driver’s insurance company refuses to cooperate, file a car accident lawsuit on your behalf
- Represent you or your family in all court proceedings, if necessary
Obtaining the maximum financial compensation for you or your family matters, but that’s not what drives attorney Williams to work hard on these cases. It’s about holding the driver accountable for their actions. It’s about making sure insurance companies do the right thing. It’s about justice.
Get the New Orleans law firm that will fight for justice for you. Contact us.
Don’t wait to take legal action after your head-on crash. In Louisiana, you only have one year from the date of your accident to file a lawsuit or take other legal action. If you don’t take legal action during that time, you could miss out on your only opportunity to obtain the money you and your family need and deserve.
The time to act is now. Contact our law firm and schedule your free case evaluation. Accident attorney John S. Williams can guide you through the legal process and be there for you when it matters most.